You know you need your basement waterproofed when you see these signs:
- Water infiltrates or floods your basement during periods of rain or snow melt
- Cracks have developed in your foundation walls or stairs
- The basement walls are showing signs of bulges in toward the basement
- The basement floor is lifting or dropping.
The biggest reasons for the problems above are:
- Hydrostatic Pressure, that is, the force exerted on the foundation of your house by water that soaks into the ground surrounding it as a result of storm water runoffs and snow melt.
- Foundation walls that have been damaged by the force of tree roots or soil movement underground.
- Non-existent or inadequate drainage, downspouting or exterior landscape grading.
The biggest benefits to waterproofing your basement are as follows:
- An increase to the value of your home
- Increased living space for your family to enjoy
- Elimination of some of the respiratory problems caused by mold, mildew, and fungus that often result from a wet basement.
- The peace of mind of knowing that the foundation of your home is structurally safe and sound.
Click here to view more photos.